Vorta Backup Client
Vorta is a backup client for macOS and Linux desktops. It integrates the mighty BorgBackup with your desktop environment to protect your data from disk failure, ransomware and theft.
Why is this great? 🤩
- Encrypted, deduplicated and compressed backups using Borg as backend.
- No vendor lock-in – back up to local drives, your own server or BorgBase, a hosting service for Borg backups.
- Open source – free to use, modify, improve and audit.
- Flexible profiles to group source folders, backup destinations and schedules.
- One place to view all point-in-time archives and restore individual files.
Learn more on Vorta's website.
Vorta should work on all platforms that support Qt and Borg. This includes macOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Arch Linux and many others. Windows is currently not supported by Borg, but this may change in the future.
See our website for download links and install instructions.
Connect and Contribute
- To discuss everything around using, improving, packaging and translating Vorta, join the discussion on Github.
- Report bugs by opening a new Github issue.
- Want to contribute to Vorta? Great! See our contributor guide on how to help out with coding, translation and packaging.
- We currently have students from the Google Summer Of Code 2023 Program contributing to this project.
License and Credits
- See CONTRIBUTORS.md to see who programmed and translated Vorta.
- Licensed under GPLv3. © 2018-2023 Manuel Riel and Vorta contributors
- Based on PyQt and Qt.
- Icons by Fork Awesome (licensed under SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1) and Material Design icons by Google (licensed under Apache License 2.0). See the
src/vorta/assets/iconsfolder for a copy of applicable licenses.